COVID-19: Imo Health Commissioner Confirms 3rd Virus Case, Advise Imolites to Always Stay Safe
- ThankGod Emeh.
Imolites are charged to always stay safe during the global pandemic to help fight the virus even as they go about their daily activities occasioned by lockdown easing.
The Imo State Commissioner for Health, Dr (Mrs) Damaris Osunkwo who gave the charge in a release issued to newsmen by the Public Relations Officer in the Ministry, Mrs Edith Obi -Okoro on Monday May 11, confirmed that the 3rd Virus case in the State is a 43 years old returnee from kano State who arrived his home town in Ehume Obowo recently.
“I wish to update you all on the current situation as concerns the statistics of events and our proposal ways forward. So far, we still have 3 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our State”
Dr Osunkwo noted that the patients are quickly responding to treatments adding that investigations are ongoing to checkmate the spread of COVID-19 from close contacts of the recent virus patient in the state.
“They are all doing well at the isolation and treatment centre”
“Contacts from him have been listed and are being followed up. Also samples have been taken from people considered highly exposed to him and already sent to the laboratory. We are going ahead to investigate reports and rumors of returnees and other suspected cases”, Dr Osunkwo assured.
The Commissioner thanked the good people of the state for their support to the government in the fight against COVID19 and advised them not to relent but always adhere to government and expertise advice of washing hands regularly, using alcohol based sanitizers as well keeping social distancing.
“Please keep being safe by adhering to earlier advisories of steady hand washing with soap and running water. Use hand sanitizers frequently, maintain social distance of 1 to 2 meters and avoid crowding”
“Continue to report all suspected cases and adhere to remain at home instruction. Observe respiratory etiquette and wear your face masks always.
Dr Osunkwo urged Imolites not to panic as well as dessit from spreading false rumors, stressing that Government is doing everything possible to ensure the safety of all lmolites.
©️News Corner…
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
About author
You might also like
Fully-Loaded Passenger Plane Crashes In Pakistan
Share on WhatsApp A Pakistani passenger plane with nearly 100 people on board crashed into a residential area of the southern city of Karachi on Friday. The Pakistan International Airlines
Imo Pilgrims Pray For Peace At Church of Nativityย
Share on WhatsApp The 300 Imo pilgrims along with others currently in Isreal have held intercessory prayers for peace in Imo state and Nigeria in general. According to report from
EMMA ODIBO: My Last Encounter With Him Before His Exit
Share on WhatsApp By Chinedu Max Egere… I had received a telephone call from the former Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists NUJ, Imo State, Chief Chris Akaraonye with
Andrew Bailey named as Bank of England Governor
Share on WhatsApp Britain’s finance minister on Friday named Andrew Bailey, the head of the Financial Conduct Authority regulator, as new governor of the Bank of England to guide it
Court Grants N5m Bail To 12 Suspects Over Seige On Justice Odiliโs Residence
Share on WhatsApp Justice Nkoenye Maha of the Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to 12 accused persons involved in the siege on Justice Mary Odili’s residence.The bail
Buhari hasnโt left London โ Presidency counters rumour, says he will soon return
Share on WhatsApp The Presidency has dispelled the rumours making the rounds that President Muhammadu Buhari has left London for Nigeria. Contrary to that report, the Presidency said that he








1 Comment
็ณ่พพๆๆฏๅ
July 30, 18:10I think this is one of the such a lot significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. However want to statement on few common things, The website taste is perfect, the articles is in point of fact nice : D. Good activity, cheers