British Learners’ College Owerri Pioneers Computer-Based Testing in Southeast — Proprietress Urges Parents to Enroll Wards For Digital Mastery
By Onyinyechi Nwankwo…
In a bold step towards integrating digital innovation into the education sector, British Learners’ College, Owerri, has made history as the first secondary school in South East to successfully conduct Computer Based Tests (CBT) for its students.


In a phone interview last week, the Proprietress and Caretaker of the school, Dr. (Mrs.) Queen Anumudu, described the achievement as a major stride in modernizing secondary education and aligning it with global academic standards.

According to her, the CBT examinations began on Thursday, July 10 and ended on Monday, July 21, 2025, spanning across all classes from Junior Secondary School to Senior Secondary School, covering every subject in the curriculum.
“All questions in the CBT format were objective, ensuring quick, efficient and accurate assessment of students’ understanding. The theory components were not neglected. These were assessed through ongoing tests, projects and assignments, accounting for 60% of the total score, while the CBT covered the remaining 40%. This ensures a balanced and comprehensive evaluation system.” she said.

Dr. Anumudu emphasized that this innovation is designed not only to prepare students for standardized exams like UTME, which are now fully CBT-based, but also to enhance their digital literacy, critical thinking and adaptability skills essential for thriving in today’s academic and professional environments.

She revealed that her exposure to the British education system, where even nursery-level pupils engage with digital learning tools, inspired her to replicate the model at British Learners’ College, a school, she said, is founded on British academic standards and is committed to maintaining those ideals.
“This is not a one-off initiative. CBT has come to stay in our school. It will continue to be a core part of our evaluation system going forward, especially now that WASSCE has announced plans to adopt CBT for its examinations”, Anumudu assured.


While appreciating parents for their continued support, she urged students to stay focused, remain motivated and regularly practice on the computer to master CBT techniques.
Also, Dr Anumudu encouraged members of the public to consider enrolling their children at British Learners’ College, Owerri, where 21st-century learning meets global standards.


“Our goal remains to nurture well-rounded, digitally-empowered students who are future-ready,” she stated.

Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
JAMB rejects report of strange snake swallowing N36m
Share on WhatsApp The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, on Monday dispelled a report that went viral that a snake swallowed N36 million belonging to the board in one
POEM: Madness By Nwosu Prayerlife, A Painful Reality of Today
Share on WhatsApp One would be certainly surprised at the rocket speed how things change in the negative these days where it ought to have been the better part of
ASUP Issues 14-day Ultimatum To FG
Share on WhatsApp The Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics has issued a two-week ultimatum to the Federal Government, urging the resolution of various longstanding issues affecting the polytechnic sector. According
Science as a Pathway to Inclusion: Bridging Gaps for Disabled Learners
Share on WhatsApp By Nelson Uloma Egondu, Nelson Uloma Egondu Abstract Disabled students face persistent inequities in science education, ranging from inaccessible curriculum materials to limited teacher preparedness. This article
Breaking: ASUU finally Calls Off 3 Months Strike
Share on WhatsApp The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has suspended its nationwide industrial action. National President of the union, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, announced this on
Who Wants To Be a Milionaire, WWTBAM Bounces back with increased winning sums from N10m to N15m.
Share on WhatsApp Barely two months after popular TV game show, Who wants to be a Millionaire, went off air, it is expected to begin airing again across major TV








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!