INEC Sanctions 23 Officers For ‘Fictitious Registrations’ During CVR
The Independent National Electoral Commission says it has commenced disciplinary action against 23 of its officers for their involvement in fictitious Continuous Voters’ Registration.
INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu, on Wednesday also said 76.5 percent of newly registered voters are young people.
Yakubu spoke at Third Quarterly Meeting with political parties for the year 2022 held at the INEC Conference Room in Abuja.
According to him, 9,518,188 new voters have been added to the existing register of 84,004,084 voters and preliminary register of voters in Nigeria now stands at 93,522,272.
He said, “The Commission deployed thousands of diligent staff for the CVR exercise and the vast majority of them discharged their duties conscientiously. Unfortunately, a few of them did not. The fictitious registrations were carried out by some of our Registration Officers involved in the field exercise and could easily be traced.
“Each registration machine is operated using an access code tied to a dedicated e-mail assigned to a staff. There is therefore an audit trail that gives the total number of persons registered by each official involved in the registration exercise.
“In some case, some of them made as many as 40 attempts or more to register one fake voter. As a result, the Commission has so far identified 23 Registration Officers involved in this unethical conduct and disciplinary action has commenced.
“We shall continue to protect the integrity of our voters’ register. It is pivotal to credible elections. It is also a national asset and easily the largest database of citizens in Africa and one of the largest in the world.”
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
2023 Presidency: Imo Youth Leader, Madumere Gives Reasons For Supporting Peter Obi, Calls For Vote Across Party Lines
Share on WhatsApp By ThankGod Emeh. Popular Youth leader from Orlu, Imo state, Comrade Prince Arthur Madumere has enumerated concrete reasons for throwing his support for the Labour Party(LP) Presidential
Anambra Guber: Time to Build a New world, Obiano describes victory as success for all Anambra residents
Share on WhatsApp Governor Elect of Anambra State, Willie Obiano has described his victory in Saturday’s governorship election as showing a resolve by the people of the state to rise
2023 Presidency: ‘One Religion’ Ticket Is Unconstitutional, Offensive, Will Create Chaos — Prof Obiaraeri Warns
Share on WhatsApp By ThankGod Emeh. A renowned legal luminary, Professor Nnamdi Obiaraeri has warned against Muslim/Muslim or Christian/Christian Presidential ticket in the 2023 election, stressing that “Religion is a
2019 Election: Is Buhari Heading for a Meltdown?
Share on WhatsApp By JIDEOFOR Adibe We are now fully _in the political season. With INEC releasing the time-table for the 2019 elections, hush-hush political discussions and permutations are likely
National Assembly To Pass 2018 Budget Next Week – Saraki
Share on WhatsApp The Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has said that the National Assembly will ensure that the 2018 budget will be passed next week. Dr Saraki disclosed this to
Obi Vs Others: ObiDatti Campaign Townhall Meeting with Diaspora Stakeholders, Others Speaks Volume of Acceptability, People’s Choice
Share on WhatsApp As political consultations and engagements get hotter towards the proposed lifting of campaigns on by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the Peter Obi and Ahmed Datti








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!