Biafra: US Government says IPOB not terrorist organization
The United States Government has said it does not categorize the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) as a terrorist organisation.
In a correspondence with Sunday Punch, the spokesman for the American Embassy in Nigeria, Russell Brooks, also stated that the US was committed to Nigeria’s unity and would support a peaceful resolution of any crisis in the country.
“The United States Government is strongly committed to Nigeria’s unity. Important political and economic issues affecting the Nigerian people, such as the allocation of resources, are worthwhile topics for respectful debate in a democracy.
“Within the context of unity, we encourage all Nigerians to support a de-escalation of tensions and peaceful resolution of grievances.
“The Indigenous People of Biafra is not a terrorist organisation under US law,” he said.
READ ALSO: APC National Leader, Tinubu calls for Re-structuring of Nigeria.
The US embassy, however, declined to comment on whether the Federal Government had asked it to treat IPOB as a terrorist organisation and to block money sent to IPOB from the US.
Last week, the Federal High Court in Abuja, gave a judicial backing the executive order of President Muhammadu Buhari, outlawing the group and its activities in the country.
The court granted the order to proscribe the group on Wednesday 20th September, 2017.
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
Ejiogu rejects rented crowd for campaign flag-off
Share on WhatsApp APGA’s candidate in the forthcoming Imo state governorship election, Sir Tony Ejiogu, has reportedly told his political associates that he wants to run a campaign that will
Prince Bob Njemanze Mocks JSC’s Process Over Appointment of Imo Chief Judge
By Chinedu Max Egere Share on WhatsApp The recent public notification made by Imo State Judicial Service Commission (JSC) for the purposes of appointing a substantive Chief Judge, High Court
Imo NOA Boss Bows Out After 33 Years Meritorious Service
Share on WhatsApp Mr Vitus Ekeocha, State Director of NOA has bowed out of service after 33 years of meritorious service in the organisation. In a send off party in
Ahiazu/Ezinihitte Fed Constituency: Nnakire promises human capital development, infrastructure
Share on WhatsApp A philanthropist and development – oriented indigene of Ife Na Owutu in Ezinihitte Mbaise LGA of Imo State, Nnakire Obani, has promised to redeem the people of
Black Wednesday: Scores of Lives, Properties Lost as Fire Engulf Ochanja Market, Onitsha (Photos & Videos)
Share on WhatsApp Francis Emekwe, Chisom Ajoku and ThankGod Emeh Residents and Traders at Ochanja market, Upper Iweka road, Onitsha, Anambra State and environs on Wednesday, October 16, 2019 witnessed
FG Evacuates Nigerians in Lebanon
Share on WhatsApp The Federal Government on Sunday evacuated 69 Nigerian citizens who were stranded in Lebanon. The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, who made the announcement via his








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!