Lagos Doctors To Begin Warning Strike On Monday
Credible reports have it that Doctors in Lagos State under the aegis of the Medical Guild are set to begin a three-day warning strike from Monday.
The Chairman of the guild, Dr Oluwajimi Sodipo, announced this on Sunday while addressing a press conference in Lagos State.
According to him, the medical practitioners took the decision to embark on industrial action over issues they say affect their safety and welfare.
Sodipo explained that the decision formed part of the resolutions reached during the meeting of the leadership of the association convened to review the challenges of medical doctors in the state.
He said, “After robust deliberations, the Council observed that the following were some of the unresolved demands of the Guild.
“They include wage disparity between Federal and Lagos State doctors which was not being given attention, the issue of COVID-19 hazard allowances and inducement allowances as approved by the Federal Government which have not yet been domesticated by Lagos State for her doctors; that the doctors working in the isolation centres were still being owed two months’ allowances which have not been paid as at the time of the meeting.”
“There were also concerns that they (the doctors) were unceremoniously disengaged without recourse to their welfare,” the guild chairman added.

In view of the challenges, he revealed that the representative council resolved to activate the resolution of the association on a three-day warning strike.
Sodipo noted that the industrial action would commence from 8am on Monday to 8am on Thursday.
He, however, said members of the guild working in the state’s coronavirus (COVID-19) isolation centres have been exempted.
As the doctors prepare to go on strike, the Lagos State government said 224 new COVID-19 infections were confirmed positive out of the 1,245 tests conducted on Saturday.
It added that as of July 11, Lagos has a total of 12,280 confirmed cases of COVID-19 from 48,929 tests conducted so far.
The Commissioner for Health in the state, Professor Akin Abayomi, who disclosed the figures via his Twitter handle on Sunday confirmed that 1,850 cases have since been discharged from the government’s care centres following their full recovery from the disease.
According to him, 329 cases are currently under isolation in public and private care centres while 2,023 active cases in communities are yet to turn up for admission.
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
SIGNA MEDICALS Owerri: Imolites Advised To Take Health Seriously… As Imo NUJ Chairman, Journalists Visits
Share on WhatsApp By ThankGod Emeh… Imolites and others across South East and beyond are enjoined to take their health issues seriously by seeking the right medical care at all
Min of Women Affairs, Imo First Lady urge President Generals to checkmate GBV at grassroots
Share on WhatsApp ThankGod Emeh… President Generals of Orlu, Owerri and Okigwe geopolitical zones of Imo state have been charged by the state Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Welfare,
New Study Suggests Coronavirus Survives Longer In The Air
Share on WhatsApp A new study examining air samples from hospital wards with COVID-19 patients has found the virus can travel up to 13 feet (four meters) — twice the
Akuskura: The New Deadly Psychoactive Substance In Town โ NDLEA
Share on WhatsApp According to Channels Television’s online report, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has warned Nigerians regarding the surfacing of a new deadly psychoactive substance which has
China Reports First Omicron Case
Share on WhatsApp China has reported its first case of the fast-spreading Omicron coronavirus variant, state media said Monday. Authorities in the northern city of Tianjin confirmed the case in
Algeria confirms first case of coronavirus
Share on WhatsApp The Algerian health minister has confirmed the country’s first case of the coronavirus in an announcement on state-owned ENTV on Tuesday evening. The minister, Abdel Rahman Ben








1 Comment
ีฌีซีถีคีก ีฟีฅีญีถีซีฏ
July 30, 15:32It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this superb blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk about this site with my Facebook group. Chat soon!