Huddersfield appoint Siewert

Huddersfield have appointed Jan Siewert as their new head coach on a two-and-a-half-year contract until 2021.
The 36-year-old German leaves Borussia Dortmund II to replace David Wagner, who departed the Terriers last week.
Huddersfield chairman Dean Hoyle said he had identified potential successors to Wagner while he was still at the club, in case he moved to a bigger team.
Hoyle revealed Siewert was pinpointed over two years ago while working with German side Bochum, and that Huddersfield have kept in touch with him ever since.
Hoyle explained: “When David let us know he intended to step aside at the end of the season, we quickly moved to meet Jan; his name was still at the top of our list of possible successors.
“There was an immediate connection; you could see why he was so highly thought of. He is articulate, passionate and he has a huge ambition to be a success.
“Many of his core philosophies and beliefs about how he wants his teams to play match our own. He likes high effort, high intensity, high pressing football that is good to watch.
David Wagner left Huddersfield by mutual consent last week
“However, he also made it very clear that he has his own beliefs and level of detail that will be a change for this club. That’s exactly what I wanted to hear; that Jan feels he can build on what has been achieved here and add to it.
“Importantly, Jan also has a proven track record in working with and developing young, talented players through his work with Germany’s younger age groups.
“Everyone knows our preference is to recruit and develop young, hungry players and, again, this fits with Jan’s beliefs perfectly.
👀 Welcome to #htafc…
#NotMartinFromWakefield (SE) pic.twitter.com/n0s3RFG2w5
— Huddersfield Town (@htafcdotcom) January 21, 2019
“In the short term, we will continue to fight as hard as possible against relegation from the Premier League. We’re not giving up on that.
“We will also plan for the medium and long term, whatever the outcome. Jan is committed to us and is excited to take on the challenges we have ahead, whatever they look like.”
Siewert leaves Borussia Dortmund II fourth in the Regionalliga West – the fourth tier of German football.
Huddersfield are currently bottom of the Premier League, and lie ten points from safety after winning just two of their 23 matches this season.
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
Mourinho tells PSG star Neymar: You’re not yet at Rivaldo, Ronaldo level
Share on WhatsApp Former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho feels PSG star Neymar needs to win the World Cup to be regarded among Brazil’s greats. Mourinho is a big fan
President Buhari congratulates the Super Eagles on their 1-0 victory against Zambia
Share on WhatsApp President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated the Super Eagles on their victory Saturday over the Chipolopolo of Zambia at the Godswill Akpabio International Stadium, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
Mourinho: ‘I want to win the Champions League for the third time’
Share on WhatsApp Former Manchester United and Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that he wants to win the UEFA Champions League for the third time in his
What Real Madrid told Hazard about buying him from Chelsea
Share on WhatsApp Real Madrid have informed Eden Hazard, that they will make an offer to sign him from Chelsea this summer, the UK Telegraph reports. On Tuesday, Hazard revealed
Tottenham must invest quickly after Dembรฉlรฉ departure
Share on WhatsApp According to reports trending, Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembélé looks set to be leaving the club to join Chinese Super League club Beijing Guoan for £11m. The 31-year-old
Schalke Chairman Bags Suspension, Under Pressure to Resign Over Racist Comment
Share on WhatsApp German Bundesliga club Schalke has suspended chairman Clemens Toennies for three months following widespread condemnation of racist comments he made last week. The club’s five-strong ethics committee,








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!