HURRAY! Nigeria to enjoy 7-month unlimited crude sales
The Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries says Nigeria can continue to supply crude oil to the global market uninterrupted as it will continue to enjoy exemption from the oil production cuts agreed on by members and non-members.
This is the outcome of the joint ministerial monitoring committee of OPEC and non-OPEC countries which held in Vienna on Friday.
Members of OPEC first agreed to an oil production cut in December 2016, with Nigeria and Libya getting exemptions to enable them stabilise production in their countries.
According to a statement received by TheCable, Emmanuel Kachikwu, minister of state for petroleum resources, who led Nigeria’s delegation to the meeting, argued that though Nigeria’s production recovery efforts have made some appreciable progress since October last year, Nigeria is not yet out of the woods.
Kachikwu said the progress made in stabilising the country’s oil sector was not enough justification for inclusion in the oil production cut as suggested by some countries.
In an interview with Bloomberg on the sidelines of the meeting, Kachikwu said even though Nigeria has the capacity to produce 2.3 million barrels of oil per day, it would not.
“We’re close to where we were before but in terms of extra capacity given all the new fields warming up to go, probably 2.2, 2.3 or 2.4. Obviously we will not produce that.
“We have placed some natural cap on ourselves also within the 1.8 million barrels per day band.”
He said Nigeria, as one of the older members of OPEC will continue to work for the good of the organisation and its member countries, respecting whatever agreements and resolutions are collectively made.
Although Nigeria is not a member of the 5-nation joint ministerial monitoring committee, Kachikwu said he accepted the invitation of the co-chairs of the committee and the OPEC conference president to attend the meeting because he believed that the committee was doing a good job and needed to be supported.
UCN
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
Minister Uzoka-Anite Receives Finnish Ambassador, Seeks Stronger Bilateral Cooperation
By Chukwuebuka Udeagha. Share on WhatsApp The Honourable Minister of State for Budget and Economic Planning, Dr. Doris Uzoka-Anite, CFA, on Friday, July 17, 2026, received Her Excellency Sanna Selin,
Dozie denies Access take over of Diamond, says merger process to be completed 2019
Share on WhatsApp The board of Diamond Bank Plc on Monday finally announced its merger with Access Bank Plc expected to be completed in first half of 2019. In the
FG set to implement new import-export guidelines come 1st January โ Kemi Adeosun
Share on WhatsApp The Federal Government is set to implement a new Import and Export Guidelines on January 1, 2018, as part of its policy of enhancing the ease of
Smart Investment Alert! Own Your Dream Home, Property Today in Heart of New Lagos โ Ibeju Lekki
Share on WhatsApp In a fast-growing real estate market where smart investments determine future wealth, EUC Homes is once again setting the pace with premium property opportunities located in the
DG Imo CPC Ready to Hold One Day Workshop for Food Vendors September 28
Share on WhatsApp The Imo State Consumer Protection Council, under the leadership of Hon. Mrs. Obioma Okafor, has completed plans to hold a one-day seminar for all Hotels, Fast food
Oily Fight: Kachikwu drags Baru to Buhari over allegations of corruption and insubordination
Share on WhatsApp Kachikwu, minister of state for petroleum resources, has written a petition to President Muhammadu Buhari over the alleged insubordination of Maikanti Baru, group managing director of the








1 Comment
แแแณ แดแญแแปแ แฅแซแข
July 30, 20:05Appreciate the recommendation. Will try it out.