Facebook To Cut Off Huawei In Compliance With US Sanctions
Facebook said Friday it would stop allowing pre-installation of its social networking apps on Huawei devices to comply with US sanctions against the Chinese technology giant.
The social media giant said it took the step after US President Donald Trump’s order barring Huawei from US technology exports over concerns that it works with Chinese intelligence.
“We are reviewing the Commerce Department’s final rule and the more recently issued temporary general license and taking steps to ensure compliance,” a Facebook spokesperson told AFP.
The California company said people with existing Huawei smartphones with Facebook apps will continue to be able to use and download app updates provided by Facebook.
The move by Facebook is the latest to isolate Huawei, which had become the world’s second largest smartphone vendor despite security concerns voiced in Washington.
Google last month said it would cut ties to Huawei, making it harder to obtain major apps from the US giant.
The Google decision would leave Huawei without the Play Store, the marketplace for most Android apps, and other elements of the mobile operating system.
Facebook – which is banned in China but has more than two billion users worldwide – said its decision would affect its core social network as well as applications such as Instagram, Messenger and WhatsApp, which each have at least one billion users.
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
Nigeria’s Foreign Reserve Declines By $2.2 billion
Share on WhatsApp Nigeria’s foreign reserves fell by $2.202 billion to $38.318 billion at the end of September from $40.520 billion as of December 31, 2021. Despite rising oil prices this year,
Imo Concorde Hotel contract award: Tourism Commissioner, Egemba clears Air
Share on WhatsApp The recent accusations of the Imo government about the award of contract on the renovation of the Imo Concorde hotel Owerri which have attracted wide criticisms have
COVID-19: Nigeria Heading Towards Economic Recession- Finance Minister
Share on WhatsApp The Finance minister, Zainab Ahmed, said the coronavirus pandemic and falling oil prices are impacting negatively on the federation’s revenues and foreign exchange earnings. The Minister made this
Invest Cheaper At EUC Homes Atlantic Courtyard Waterfront Today
Share on WhatsApp Atlantic CourtYard is a masterpiece of design and craftsmanship, not only does this piece of real estate comes with a pocket- friendly price that gives real value
NEPC Charges SMEs To Embrace Modern Product Packaging For Exports
Share on WhatsApp The Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) has charged Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to embrace modern packaging of their products to make required impact on both domestic
EUC HOMES BONANZA: Sell 3 Plots, Get 1 Free, Get Discounts At Rockville Courts
Share on WhatsApp BONANZA❗BONANZA❗❗BONANZA❗❗❗🔥 🤩SELL 3 PLOTS, Get One Free✅📌30% Off😊 Rockville Courts is a premium residential and commercial development located in the fast-growing area of ibeju lekki along the








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!