Two More People Test Positive For Coronavirus Says Premier League
England’s Premier League on Saturday said that two more individuals from two different clubs have tested positive for coronavirus, just three weeks from a proposed restart of the season.
In all, 996 players and club staff were tested over three days last week for COVID-19.
“Of these, two have tested positive from two clubs,” said an EPL statement.
“Players or club staff who have tested positive will now self-isolate for a period of seven days.”
In previous tests on May 17 and 18, a total of 748 individuals were tested with six testing positive from three clubs.
“The six … are still within their seven-day self-isolation period” and did not feature in the recent round of testing.
“The Premier League is providing this aggregated information for the purposes of competition integrity and transparency,” said the statement.
“No specific details as to clubs or individuals will be provided by the League and results will be made public after each round of testing.”
On Friday, Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said he was confident the top-flight season would resume in mid-June.
Clubs returned to socially distanced training in small groups this week and the league hope to begin playing the remaining 92 matches on June 12 or 19.
Amongst the six who had already tested positive were Watford defender Adrian Mariappa as well as two members of the club’s staff.
Watford manager Nigel Pearson also revealed two more of his squad are in self-isolation after members of their family tested positive for the virus.
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
About author
You might also like
Serena passes second test, wants daughter to be proud of her
Share on WhatsApp Serena Williams said she wants to make her daughter proud after fighting back to reach the French Open third round on Thursday. The 36-year-old American came from
Premier League Players Agrees to Face Strict New Training Protocols
Share on WhatsApp Premier League players are set to be subjected to a strict testing regime if they are to return to training amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to British
Serie A Set for Team Training on May 18 With Adjusted Protocol – Govt
Share on WhatsApp Serie A clubs can return to team training from May 18 if they make adjustments to medical protocols, the Italian government announced on Monday. The Italian Football
Alleged Corruption Charges: NFF Officials to Appear Before EFCC
Share on WhatsApp The Economic and financial crimes commission has submitted a letter inviting NFF president Amaju Pinnick and several top officials for questioning over alleged corruption charges . The
Lineker slams Ronaldo for airplane photo on day Sala goes missing
Share on WhatsApp The Juventus star tweeted an image of himself on a private plane, which did not sit well with the England legend Cristiano Ronaldo has been criticised by
Transfer news and rumours LIVE: Solskjaer to be given £50m to spend in January
Share on WhatsApp Mynewscorner takes a look at the biggest transfer news and rumours from the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A and beyond. Pep eyeing Lyon midfielder Aouar as








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!