Fourteen new cases of #COVID19 have been reported in Nigeria; 9 in Lagos and 5 in FCT
As at 09:30 pm 29th March there are 111 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria with 1 death.
According to a statement by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Nigeria has confirmed fourteen new cases of COVID-19,.
Nine of the new cases were confirmed in Lagos State with five in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), the NCDC said.
With this new virus cases, Nigeria now has – as at 09:30pm, Sunday March 29th, 2020 – 111 confirmed cases of coronavirus, a tweet on the NCDC official Twitter handle, explained.
The tweet states below:
As at 09:30 pm 29th March, there are
111 confirmed cases
1 deathFor a breakdown of cases by states in real time, please see http://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng
Currently;
Lagos- 68
FCT- 21
Ogun- 3
Enugu- 2
Ekiti- 1
Oyo- 7
Edo- 2
Bauchi- 2
Osun-2
Rivers-1
Benue- 1
Kaduna- 1
Earlier in an address to the nation on Sunday, President Muhammadu Buhari imposed a curfew restricting movements in Lagos, Ogun and Abuja.
Addressing Nigerians, the President said, “based on the advice of the Federal Ministry of Health and the NCDC, I am directing the cessation of all movements in Lagos and the FCT for an initial period of 14 days with effect from 11pm on Monday, 30th March 2020.
“This restriction will also apply to Ogun State due to its close proximity to Lagos and the high traffic between the two States.”
He urged citizens in these areas to stay in their homes, adding that travel to or from other states should be postponed.
All businesses and offices within these locations should also be fully closed during this period, President Buhari added.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Share on WhatsApp By ThankGod Emeh… A new state of the art health facility in the state, SIGNA Medical Plaza located at Obinze Owerri West, Imo state has been officially
Share on WhatsApp By Kachy Madukaego (08034055432)… Imo State Health Insurance Agency, IMSHIA was established by an act of Imo State House of Assembly, it was assented in 2018, the
Share on WhatsApp By Chinenye Chukwuma … The enrollment of three thousand three hundred (3,300) Ehime Mbano residents into Imo Care health Insurance Programme has officially commence aiming to provide
Share on WhatsApp Does sunlight rapidly destroy the coronavirus? A White House presentation on a mysterious government study says so — but some scientists have called for caution as we
Share on WhatsApp According to verified reports, Nigeria’s first confirmed case of Covid-19, an Italian on a business trip, has now tested negative for the virus. The Italian has been
Share on WhatsApp According to Channels Television’s online report, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has warned Nigerians regarding the surfacing of a new deadly psychoactive substance which has
© 2025 Copyright NEWS-CORNER MEDIA. All Rights Reserved. News Hotline: 08135761439 | Email: Newscornermedia@gmail.com
0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!