Qatar Seeks One Million COVID-19 Jabs For World Cup Fans
Qatar’s prime minister announced Doha is seeking to provide one million doses of a coronavirus vaccine to fans attending the 2022 World Cup in the country, state media reported Sunday.
The Gulf nation has been slowly opening up as it continues with its mass vaccination programme.
There is “the possibility that some countries will not be able to vaccinate all their citizens,” said Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al-Thani, according to the official Qatar News Agency.
“Qatar will not allow fans to enter stadiums without being fully vaccinated against the virus,” he said.
“That is why we are currently in negotiations with one of the companies to provide one million” doses of vaccine, he added, without naming any firm.
“Our main goal in vaccinating some of those coming to Qatar to attend the World Cup is to protect the public health of citizens and residents.”
Sheikh Khalid also said that approximately 72 percent of Qatar’s 2.75 million population “will have received at least one dose” of vaccine within the next week.
Qatar’s foreign minister, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani, said in April that Doha was in talks with coronavirus vaccine makers to ensure all fans attending the World Cup are inoculated.
Qatar has so far recorded 220,800 coronavirus cases, including 583 deaths.
AFP
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
Atletico Madrid Forward Diego Costa Faces Trial June 4 Over Tax Fraud
Share on WhatsApp Atletico Madrid and Spain forward Diego Costa is to face trial on the 4th of June for tax fraud in 2014 Prosecutors have filed a case
Sad News! Manchester United Star Has Been Ruled Out Due To Injury
Share on WhatsApp Manchester United’s in-form star, Paul Pogba is a doubt for the Red Devils”s FA Cup clash with Reading but Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez will start,
Jurgen Klopp calls on Liverpool to produce “something special” when they face Napoli in a do-or-die Champions League showdown on Tuesday.
Share on WhatsApp Jurgen Klopp has called on Liverpool to produce “something special” when they face Napoli in a do-or-die Champions League showdown on Tuesday. Klopp’s side must beat Napoli
FirstBank, Okwaraji Foundation Launch National U-16 Secondary Schools Football Championship
By ThankGod Emeh Share on WhatsApp The stage is set for the commencement of the FirstBank Sam Okwaraji Nigeria Secondary Schools Football Championship 2026 as organisers officially unveiled the maiden
Super Eagles Coach, Gernot Rohr meets with Chelsea’s Manager in London
Share on WhatsApp Super Eagles Coach, Gernot Rohr said he would meet with Chelsea’s Manager, Antonio Conte in London over the release of Victor Moses ahead of the 2018 World
Sterling, Jesus on target as Manchester City thrash Everton 3-1 at Etihad Stadium
Share on WhatsApp – Pep Guardiola’s men return to the summit of the Premier League table after beating Everton on Saturday, December 15 – Gabriel Jesus’ brace and Raheem








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!