Presidential Aide reacts on Claims that Mysterious Snake Swallowed 36M in JAMB Office
Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Digital and New Media, Tolu Ogunlesi, has spoken on the mystery snake which purportedly sneaked into the account office of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, in Makurdi, Benue State and swallowed N36m.
It had been reported that an account staff, Joan Asen and a lady outside JAMB allegedly connived to steal the money “spiritually” through a mysterious snake that always crawled into the office to swallow the money from the vault.
Reacting to this development, Ogunlesi on his verified twitter page threw more light to the amount remitted by JAMB in the spate of 6years.
According to him, 51million was remitted into federal government accounts between 2010-2016, yet 36m was found in an office.
According to him, the report was as a result of auditing being carried out at JAMB state offices.
He wrote “A sales clerk, Philomina Chieshe, told JAMB registrar and team that she could not account for N36m she made in previous years… Philomena confessed that it was her housemaid that connived with JAMB staff to “spiritually” steal the money from the vault in the accounts office.
“Recall that this same JAMB remitted only about N51 million to Govt Accounts between 2010 and 2016.
“In 2017, under new management appointed in 2016, it remitted N7.8 Billion. Now that new management is carrying out audits at State offices, and stories that touch are emerging.
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
NUJ National Trustee, Igwe Appeals To Federal Govt on State of Economy
Share on WhatsApp ThankGod Emeh, Owerri. The NUJ National Trustee In charge of zone C South East, Chief Sir Innocent Igwe has appealed to the Federal Government of Nigeria to
NUJ urges Tinubu to proffer Solution to Nigeria’s stifling economy
Share on WhatsApp The Nigeria Union of Journalists has urged President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to address the stifling economy. This was part of the communique issued at the end of
Since 2013, I have been fighting Boko Haram alone – Gov. Shettima reveals.
Share on WhatsApp Governor Kashim Shettima of Borno state has said his administration has solely been responsible for fighting the Boko Haram insurgents in the north eastern state. Shettima said
Epileptic Power Supply In Nigeria: Oguomah, Electrical Power Specialist Ready To Proffer Solutions With Foreign Partners
Share on WhatsApp By Chinedu Max Egere… The technical challenges in the Nigeria power sector that have entailed lingering epileptic power supply in the entire Nation may come to an
Breaking: President Buhari’s First Son Recovers, Discharged from Hospital.
Share on WhatsApp President Muhammadu Buhari’s son, Yusuf, who was involved in a bike accident in Abuja on December 26, 2017 has been discharged from the hospital. The President’s Personal
Ojuelegba Bridge: Container falls on a bus.
Share on WhatsApp ♦A truck carrying wooden boards veered off its lane on the bridge at Ojuelegba, Tuesday evening – It broke the borders of the bridge, empting its contents onto








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!