Huge Sinkhole Swallows Bus, Kills Six in China
An enormous sinkhole swallowed a bus and pedestrians in China, sparking an explosion, killing six people and leaving 10 more missing, state media said Tuesday.
Footage showed people at a bus stop running from the collapsing road, as the bus — jutting into the air — sank halfway into the ground.
Several people disappeared into the sinkhole as it spread, including what appeared to be a child.
The incident, outside a hospital, also triggered an explosion inside the hole, video showed.
Search and rescue work was underway and the cause of the accident was under investigation, the state-run CCTV broadcaster said.
The incident occurred at around 5:30 pm (0930 GMT) on Monday in Xining, the capital of Qinghai province, CCTV said, adding 16 people had been taken to hospital.
Sinkholes are not unknown in China, where they are often blamed on construction works and the country’s rapid pace of development.
In 2016, at least three people fell into a huge sinkhole in central Henan province, which swallowed a section of road and passersby.
An initial investigation showed the collapse might have been caused by water pipes buried under the road breaking up due to the rain.
In 2013, five people died when a 10-metre (33-foot) wide sinkhole opened up at the gates of an industrial estate in Shenzhen.
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
Woodward gives Solskjaer permanent Man Utd job after three-hour dinner
Share on WhatsApp Interim boss Solskjaer has landed the job, although the club may not announce it until the summer. And we can also reveal the agreement was sealed during
Kenya Mourns Ex-President With State Funeral
Share on WhatsApp Thousands of Kenyans on Tuesday gathered to mourn the country’s longest serving leader, the hardline Daniel arap Moi, as a week of mourning climaxed with a state
US Braces for ICE Raids in 10 Major Cities Today
Share on WhatsApp United States Immigration agents are planning to target newly settled migrant families, the majority of whom are without a criminal record. Residents across the United States spent Saturday
HELBIN Boils Over Insecurity, Unwholesome Developments in Nigeria, Society, Takes Serious Stand
Share on WhatsApp Just as growth and development across the world has characterized nations of repute as the year goes by, Nigeria has continued to grow in size and wealth,
Guild of Newspaper Reporters seeks healthy Partnership with Ministry of Information
Share on WhatsApp Guild of Newspaper Reporters, GNR, Imo state Chapter, a legitimate media group recognised by the state and national leadership of NUJ as well as Independent, Newspaper Publishers,
Andrew Bailey named as Bank of England Governor
Share on WhatsApp Britain’s finance minister on Friday named Andrew Bailey, the head of the Financial Conduct Authority regulator, as new governor of the Bank of England to guide it








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!