Appointment of Imo Chief Judge Allegedly Takes Dimension of Monetary Inducements ….as Prince Bob Njemanze Calls for Institutional Integrity
The substantive appointment of Imo Chief Judge appears to take another dimension seen as capable of destroying the due process for such a sensitive and prestigious appointment in Imo Judiciary.
The rumour trending in parts of the state has it that the ground seems to be set for the dangling of monetary inducements with the negative intentions to truncate the due process regarding the substantive appointment of Imo Chief Judge.
An elderly statesman, Prince Bob Njemanze has therefore stressed the importance of protecting the Judicial institutional integrity and advised the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) and the Judiciary sector to avoid their image being dragged to the mud over such rumoured plans.

Bob Njemanze
The rumour that something is fishy is brewing in Imo Judiciary which some members of the public are requiring the attention of the lawyers.
Revelations emerged that some branch chairmen of the NBA are being mobilised by some state actors with monetary inducements of about N350M being dressed up as support to make such happen which has been allegedly streamlined as N100M for the leader- branch and N50M for the five branches all for the purposes of edging out the most senior Judge to appoint her junior as the state chief Judge.
The rumoured scheme has been said to be mapped out to achieve the signing of a letter to the National Judicial Council NJC supposedly on behalf of the lawyers across the state and to urge the council to hasten the appointment of a substantive Chief Judge and bring an end to the acting regime.
Such a letter following the rumour is said to risk the idea of creating false impression that it is the National Judicial Council that is responsible for the undue delay rather than the Judicial Service Commission whose process is allegedly skewed to exclude the most senior judge and secondly,that the acting regime is itself undesirable and seemingly contrary to the NJC’s position.
It was further revealed that the NBA Owerri has no hand in such inglorious schemes to which Prince Bob Njemanze advised that the lawyers should absolve from such to protect their integrity and dignity.
Prince Njemanze said that the NBA and the Judiciary sector in Imo should desist from submitting to such undignified arrangement if the rumour is anything to go by, as it is far from right.
‘If the rumours are true, who is funding bribery?’the Owerri-born Prince asked.
He therefore called on investigations into the matter and saying that it should be addressed expeditiously and who ever is culpable should be brought to book.
Prince Njemanze expressed surprise that while the most senior and most qualified judge is on the bench in acting capacity as the Chief Judge of the state, instead of allowing the due process flow for her substantive appointment, a certain mafia would take delight in turning the system into a mess to remove her unduly and acting as if they have no fear for God and without conscience.
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
Emekuku Royal Stool Tussle: Lawyer Grills Plaintiff Over Selection Process For Monarch
Share on WhatsApp By Chinedu Max Egere… At a Magistrate’s Court sitting in Owerri last week, cross examinations made by Chris Ahumibe Esq, the lead counsel to the principal members
Buhari Commends Agencies on Arrest of Kanu, Operation on Igboho
Share on WhatsApp The Presidency has hailed the collaboration efforts of the Nigerian Law Enforcement Agencies over arrests of Nnamdi Kanu and operation on Sunday Adeyemo also known as Igboho.
British Minister To Fast-Track Post-Brexit Trade Deal
Share on WhatsApp Britain was seeking to fast-track a crucial post-Brexit trade deal with the United States on Wednesday after new Prime Minister Boris Johnson dispatched his top diplomat and
Eid-el-Fitri: FG Declares Monday, Tuesday Public Holidays
Share on WhatsApp The Federal Government has declared Monday and Tuesday – May 25 and 26, as Public Holidays to mark this year’s Eid al-Fitr Celebration. The Minister of Interior, Rauf
IMSU Change of Name: Imo Govt Debunks Rumour of Immortalizing Late Abba Kyari
Share on WhatsApp ThankGod Emeh, Owerri Senator Hope Uzodinma, All Progressive Congress, APC led government of Imo state has debunked news making rounds online that the Governor is set to
PDP Rejects New Election Dates, Fingers Foulplay by APC
Share on WhatsApp By Francis Emekwe The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Saturday rejected the new dates announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission for the conduct of the general








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!