2018 JAMB: Over 1.5M UTME Results released.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB has on 20th of March, 2018 released the long awaited results of 1,502,978 candidates who sat for the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.
The examination body said that a total of 1,652,825 candidates registered for the 2018 examination but the results of 112,331 candidates were yet to be released
The board disclosed this in a statement signed by its head of media, Dr Fabian Benjamin in Abuja after the release.
According to the statement, the board released the results after viewing all CCTV footage during the conduct of the examination and also after considering reports from its supervisors who monitored the exercise.
It noted that “out of the number yet to be released, 350 are results of blind candidates which would be released soon, while 111,981 results were being withheld for further screening”.
The board stated that the figure excluded foreign candidates whose examination was scheduled for April. The 2018 UTME commenced on March 9 and ended on March 19.
The board said that unlike the 2017 exercise, release of results would not be immediate, adding that JAMB would scrutinise candidates’ results before releasing them to avoid multiple cancellations later.
Reports had it that over 1.3 million results of candidates that sat for the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination would be released on Monday, March 19, by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) after the scores have gone through security checks and found to be without malpractice.
The head of information of JAMB, Fabian Benjamin, who stated this on Sunday, March 18, in an interview, said the UTME results of Computer-Based Test centres where the CCTV showed malpractices had been cancelled.
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
About author
You might also like
St. Columbaโs Parish, Amaimo Set to Welcome Archbishop Ugorji on Pastoral, Canonical Visit
Share on WhatsApp ThankGod Emeh… Joy and spiritual anticipation fill St. Columba’s Parish as parishioners prepare to host the Archbishop of the Owerri Archdiocese, His Grace, Most Rev Lucius Ugorji
I Donโt Know Who Is Paying For Buhariโs Treatment โ Femi Adesina
Share on WhatsApp Two days after paying a visit to President Muhammadu Buhari in London, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, has said
Only A Stupid Soldier Will Think Of A Coup โ IBB
Share on WhatsApp Former Military President of Nigeria, General Ibrahim Babaginda (Rtd) has stated that the era of coup d’état has fast left Nigeria, insisting that only a stupid soldier
Trump Doubles Down on War in Yemen
Share on WhatsApp The Trump administration certified to Congress on Wednesday that the Saudi-backed coalition fighting in Yemen’s civil war was doing everything it could to prevent civilian casualties—a move
Pomp As Terrenos Property Launched In Owerri …as CEO calls for partnership
Share on WhatsApp By Onyebuchi Onwuchekwa… The newly launched Terrenos Property Limited Chief Executive Officer, Mazi Paschal Onuoha, has expressed the need for Owerri residents and the environs to invest
COZA Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo Granted Bail
Share on WhatsApp Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly has been granted bail. He is to produce two sureties who must be above level sixteen in the








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!