Insecurity: Ribadu Opens Up At Editors ‘ Conference

Insecurity: Ribadu Opens Up At Editors ‘ Conference

By Chinedu Max Egere… 

The national security adviser to the President, Malam Nuhu Ribadu has reassured Nigerians of better days ahead over the lingering insecurity in parts of the country especially in the North-central and South East geo-political zones.

Malam Ribadu who was the helmsman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) between 2003 and 2007 told members and Fellows of the Nigerian Guild of Editors under the leadership of Mr Eze Anaba in Uyo, Akwa Ibom that all security efforts are being made to tackle insurgency in Nigeria under the regime of President Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

The NSA to the President who came in the company of Major General Jamal Habu Abdussalam, the GOC 6 Division, Nigeria Army and Land Component Command Operation Delta Safe said that the level of insecurity across the states of the Federation which ranges from kidnappings to banditry, and terrorism to killings has been reduced drastically since they came on board in June last year.

He expressed worries over the rate of destruction these criminal acts have reached, keeping Nigerians in misery and uncertainty.

ALSO READ---  Iri Ji Mbaise, celebration of rich cultural heritage ---Ohakim

Malam Ribadu however said that they are deliberately operating silently but smoothly with good records of achievements to reduce these crimes to the barest minimum.

He maintained that insecurity should not be allowed to stay long in any form aware of the destruction it could cause to schools, markets, hospitals, and ways of life in the society.

Admitting that kidnapping has replaced armed robbery, he maintained his words that the evil would soon be a thing of the past in the Federation.


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7

About author

You might also like

2019 Elections

SDP adopts APC, Buhari for Presidential election

Share on WhatsApp The National Executive Council of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) has adopted President Muhammadu Buhari as the consensus candidate for the February 16, Presidential election. The endorsement

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

You can be first to comment this post!

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply, We want to hear from You...