I was surprise at Moses decision to quit, but have to respect, work on his replacement –Rohr
Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr has admitted that he was surprised by Chelsea star, Victor Moses’ decision to quit international football.
Rohr stated this ahead of his side’s 2019 African Cup of Nation, AFCON, qualifying fixture against South Africa on Saturday, November 17, at the FNB Stadium.
Recall that Moses decided to quit the national team two months ago after he represented the country at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Rohr told Kick Off Magazine: ”I have to admit that Moses’ decision to quit Super Eagles did come as a surprise, but we had to accept it. He wanted to focus more on his family and club.
”Unfortunately, he is now not playing regularly at Chelsea. He is only 27 and it really was a bit surprising, but we have to live with it.
”We tried to find a replacement for him and found Kalu from Bordeaux, who has done well so far.”
Moses was one of the stars when Nigeria won the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 in South Africa.
The 27-year-old, who has been struggling for a first-team shirt under manager, Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea this season, scored 12 goals in 38 appearances for the Super Eagles.
Read original
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
Trump Hits The Golf Course As US Kicks Off Summer Season
Share on WhatsApp President Donald Trump kicked off the start of the American summer season on Saturday with his first golf outing in two months, underlining his push for a
Victory: With Alex Iwobi magical strike, Nigeria become first African team to qualify for 2018 World Cup.
Share on WhatsApp Praises for the victorious outing of the Super Eagles against Zambia has continued to pour in from across the country. Arsenal’s Alex Iwobi scored Nigeria’s only goal
COPDEM Football Club launched in Imo by National team CEO, Sleek Ukoha …As Lemon FC defeats Blue FC with lone goal
Share on WhatsApp By Austin Okoro – Owerri The Coalition for the Protection of Democracy COPDEM has launched its football club known as COPDEM Football Club in Imo State by
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he will have input on Manchester United transfer plans in January
Share on WhatsApp Manchester United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he will have an input into the club’s transfer activity next month. The Norwegian, who spent 11 years at
MIkel Sets For Euro Returns
Share on WhatsApp Reports emanating from China, Eagle’s skipper Mikel Obi on his way back to Europe. The Nigeria captain left Chelsea two seasons ago and joined Chinese
EPL: Premier League rivals offers Abraham triple salary to leave Stamford Bridge.
Share on WhatsApp Nigerian born forward, Tammy Abraham has been offered triple salary of £6million-a-year to leave Stamford Bridge for Premier League side, Wolves this January transfer window. Abraham, who








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!