Bad News For Guardiola! UEFA Chief Confirms Manchester City Will Be Banned
Various English newspapers, including The Telegraph and the Daily Mail published articles this Thursday afternoon talking about the possibility Manchester City could be excluded from the Champions League for financial doping.
This comes in the wake of comments by Yves Leterme, chairman and chief investigator of UEFA’s Club Financial Control Body who stated to a Belgian media outlet that the English club could receive the “heaviest punishment” where revelations, previously published by Der Spiegel, prove to be true.
The newspapers state that UEFA and the Premier League are investigating the possibility that money received by Manchester City in theory from sponsors Etihad (including 59.9 million British pounds in 2015) was in fact paid by the owners of the Abu Dhabi United Group which owns Manchester City.
In effect, according to the claims, Manchester City owners were funding the sponsorship deals, something which is not allowed under Financial Fair Play rules.
Yves Leterme, asked about the claims by Belgian site Sport and Strategy, said “If it is true what has been written, there might be a serious problem. This can lead to the heaviest punishment: exclusion from the Uefa competitions.”
Discover more from NEWS CORNER
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/mynewsco/public_html/wp-content/themes/trendyblog-theme/includes/single/post-tags-categories.php on line 7
About author
You might also like
Facebook Gives Emerging Markets Free Sales Platform
Share on WhatsApp What’s possible in a week? If you dedicated seven days to the achievement of one goal, how ambitious could you make this goal? These were the questions
Man U Star, Ander moves to sign new deal after convincing Solskjaer
Share on WhatsApp Ander Herrera will end speculation about his Manchester United career by signing a new deal at the club, according to reports midfielder will reportedly commit his future
Jose Mourinho appointed Spurs head coach
Share on WhatsApp Jose Mourinho has been named Tottenham head coach until the end of the 2023 season. The Portuguese, 56, was appointed on Wednesday morning, following the sacking of
”Don’t come back to South Africa” – South Africans threaten Stanley Nwabali
Share on WhatsApp South Africans has warned Super Eagles Goalkeeper, Stanley Nwabali not to return back to his club, Chipper United after the AFCON following his impressive display against the
‘We would love him back’ – Messi hopeful Neymar can make ‘complicated’ Barcelona return
Share on WhatsApp The Blaugrana captain says he would like to see both the Brazilian and former boss Pep Guardiola come back to the club in the near future. Lionel
Real Madrid superstar rejects contract extension; closes in on summer exit
Share on WhatsApp Real Madrid are looking to tie down Ballon d’Or winner Luka Modric to a new contract, however, according to reports, the Croatian has rejected their first offer.








0 Comments
No Comments Yet!
You can be first to comment this post!